Infinita Records is an independent contemporary world music label started in 2008 by the recording artist, guitarist, and producer Lawson Rollins. Infinita Records presents global fusion music at its best, bringing together world-class recording artists from around the globe in a genre-defying confluence of Latin, Indian, Persian, Arabic, South American and European musical traditions. As the Portuguese word 'infinita' suggests, the music of Infinita Records embraces a spirit of infinite creative possibility and wide-reaching artistic vision.
Infinita Records strives to produce select recordings of the highest quality with meticulous attention
paid to exceptional musicianship, composition, and production augmented by premium engineering
and recording technology. Contact: email@example.com
FULL CIRCLE - released in 2013
After the global musical travels of his recent albums that explored the outer reaches of world music fusion, Lawson Rollins comes FULL CIRCLE on his latest release with 12 tightly focused tracks that feature his distinctive guitar work front-and-center, accented by a back drop of world beat rhythms and intimate ensemble instrumentation.
The album is Lawson's 4th collaboration in a row with
multi-platinum producer Dominic Camardella (Ottmar Liebert, Flora Purim, 3rd Force),
Grammy-winning violinist Charlie Bisharat, bassist Randy Tico
(Strunz & Farah, Benise, Jeff Bridges, Jake Shimabukuro), percussionist Dave
Bryant (Ottmar Liebert, Baba Olatunji) and saxophonist/flutist Richard
Hardy (Dave Matthews Band).
Featuring the Billboard contemporary jazz radio top 25 hit "Flight."
ELEVATION marks an expressive high point for composer and guitarist Lawson Rollins. The 13 original compositions feature lush instrumentation recorded on location in Iran, Nepal, and the U.S., and a roster of stellar musicians from around the world. Guest artists include guitar legend Buckethead, Persian-American producer/musician Shahin Shahida, Nepali flute master Ruben Kumar Shrestha, Iranian santur virtuoso Pejman Eckhtiari, and many more.
Featuring the Billboard contemporary jazz radio top 25 hit "Daybreak."
- "Momentum" - the debut single from Full Circle was a top 40 hit on the major national America's Music Chart and #1 most-added song on contemporary jazz radio in the U.S. "Flight" was a Billboard Top 25 hit on jazz channels in the U.S.
- "Daybreak" - the debut single from the 2011 album ELEVATION - was a Billboard top 25 song and also landed on the major MediaBase top 50 Radio Chart.
- The first radio single from ESPIRITO entitled "Moonlight Samba" set airwaves afire, entering the Billboard
top 30 jazz radio chart and hitting #1 on the Billboard Recurrent Chart.
- The radio singles ‘Infinita’, ‘Cafe Jobim’, and ‘In Motion’ from the 2008 album INFINITA climbed all major jazz radio industry charts across the U.S., including the Billboard top 30, Mediabase top 50, and Smoothjazz.com top 50 charts.
What the Press is saying:
"He possesses ungodly classical chops, with dazzling speed, uncanny accuracy, and a beautifully delicate touch...Lawson incorporates jazz, Brazilian, Latin, and world music influences into his complex musical stew, making for an intriguing listen." - Guitar Player Magazine
"It's not often that a Latin jazz/flamenco/samba guitarist generates millions of views on YouTube with short instrumental pieces, but Lawson Rollins is used to defying expectations." - Guitar World Magazine
"Even 'world music' seems an inadequate blanket to wrap around what Rollins has created here. But whatever it is, he is a master of it." - Vintage Guitar Magazine
"Provocative and seductive...[a] masterful genre-busting collection." - The All Music Guide (review of INFINITA)
"One of the great instrumental guitar albums of 2011...a masterpiece of high guitar art." - Music Web (review of ELEVATION)
"A truly 'world music' journey across styles, countries, and sounds. The intrinsic musical abilities of all involved shine through
on every track." - Inside World Music (review of ESPIRITO)
"With Rollins' guitar at the helm of a
topflight musical crew, the result is layered, sophisticated, evocative pieces that combine styles and cultures craftily
and expertly.." - World Music Central (review of ESPIRITO)
"Easily one of the year's best." - All About Jazz Magazine (review of INFINITA)
"This is right in the center of the winner's circle of adult listening albums to come out this year... it doesn't get any better than this." - Midwest Record (review of ELEVATION)
Internet Viral Video hits:
- Infinita Records produced three popular videos of Lawson Rollins performing on guitar entitled "Locomotion", "The Fire Cadenza" and "Santa Ana Wind". Combined views on Youtube alone exceed 7.5 million to date. View on LawsonRollins.com